List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 5144] Re: Why is my static route invalid?
From:       Paul Jakma <paul () clubi ! ie>
Date:       2005-08-18 20:50:20

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Phil Gregory wrote:

> That /32 was coming in via RIP.  Adding this to the router that
> injects the RIP into OSPF fixed the problem:

Excellent :).

I wonder if maybe zebra's RIB should maintain a table of all targets
referred to, and examine this table when a target changes, so as to
update referring routes. Eg, in your case, be able to detect that
when the 192.168.101.1/32 route was removed, that the 0/0 referred to
a nexthop in that range and possibly needs updating.

Probably would be useful for a full ECMP solution too.

Something to bear in mind if anyone tackles "modernising" the
zebra RIB.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A