List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 3003] Re: privs_init: could not lookup group quagga
From:       Paul Jakma <paul () clubi ! ie>
Date:       2004-10-27 16:15:58

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Saravanan Shanmugasundaram Arunachalam wrote:

> I tried playing with the adduser options but in vain. Initially I was
> getting an error 'privs_init: could not lookup user quagga'; once I
> did adduser it started giving the error for group. It continues even
> after I added group. Am I missing something? Any pointer or help would
> be greatly appreciated.

# touch /tmp/testfile
# chown quagga:quagga /tmp/testfile
# ls -l /tmp/testfile

if it has numbers instead of user/group names, you have a problem
with how you added the user and/or group to your system.

NB: if you run nscd you may need to reload or restart it (or else
wait for the negative cache entries to expire)

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: