List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 1840] Re: ospfd pointopoint configuration
From:       "Andrew J. Schorr" <aschorr () telemetry-investments ! com>
Date:       2004-04-26 20:22:11

FYI, I just posted a patch to quagga-dev that attempts to fix all these
problems with point-to-point interfaces in ospfd (and elsewhere in quagga).
I'm interested in any comments you may have, since I would love to get it
integrated into CVS.

The patch provides support for using PtP interfaces with dedicated
subnets (instead of the more typical practice of borrowing /32 addresses
from other interfaces).  This is quite helpful for us and leads to the
elimination of strange OSPF routes indicating that the local PtP
interface must be reached via the remote router.

Thanks,
Andy