List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 499] Re: BGP, OSPF and unwanted default routes
From:       Hasso Tepper <hasso () estpak ! ee>
Date:       2003-09-30 8:55:12

David Knell wrote:
> I suspect I can just add a static default route with a lower cost
> than the ones learned via OSPF to null0 -
> ip route 0.0.0.0/0 null0

This isn't lower cost route. Static route has higher distance than
ospf route. You can change distance of static route:

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 null0 <distance>

Distance is value between 1 and 255.
About distance you can read in:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk364/tk871/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094195.shtml

> - will this be a lower cost route than the defaults learned via
> OSPF? - presumably (unless I redistribute static) it won't get
> advertised?

I have told that ospfd doesn't redistribute static null0 routes. Not
sure why.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.