List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 496] Migrating to Quagga - same config file,
From:       Tillman Hodgson <tillman () seekingfire ! com>
Date:       2003-09-29 18:06:25

Howdy folks,

I recently migrated a test server to quagga. I used version 0.96.2, from
the new FreeBSD port, on a FreeBSD 4-STABLE box.

This box had previously been running zebra. To install, I used `make
install` from /usr/ports/net/quagga (using the defualt options). I
created a quagga user, copied over my zebra.conf and ospfd.conf from the
zebra install, chown'd the files to the quagga user, and started it up
with `zebractl start`.

Quagga appears to start without errors, but OSPF doesn't start:

zebra-ospfd# sho ip ospf int
ed0 is down
  OSPF not enabled on this interface
faith0 is down
  OSPF not enabled on this interface
lo0 is down
  OSPF not enabled on this interface
ppp0 is down
  OSPF not enabled on this interface
tl0 is down
  OSPF not enabled on this interface

Naturally, with all interfaces not using OSPF, it doesn't establish
communications with any neighbours.

Here's an abbreviated form of my ospfd.conf (password type stuff from
the top of the file have been snipped):

interface ed0
!
interface tl0
 ip ospf network broadcast
!
interface lo0
!
interface ppp0
 ip ospf network point-to-point
!
interface faith0
!
router ospf
 ospf router-id 192.168.23.4
 auto-cost reference-bandwidth 1000
 network 192.168.23.0/24 area 23
 area 23 stub
 distribute-list private out connected
!
access-list private permit 10.0.0.0/8
access-list private permit 172.16.0.0/12
access-list private permit 192.168.0.0/16
access-list private deny any
!
line vty
 access-class term

Is this a known problem? Are there any config file changes that would
prevent the same config file from being used?

- Tillman

--
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.