List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 479] Re: Using (under Linux) different route tables
From:       Ross Vandegrift <ross () willow ! seitz ! com>
Date:       2003-09-25 15:36:48

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 04:51:26PM +0200, Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:
> 	My question is: would it be possible to tell Quagga not to
> "monitor" other routing tables different from "main"?

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but just a "me too".  I've
seen Quagga behave strangely with confronted with multiple routing
tables, and I haven't seen any documentation on how the interaction is
supposed to occur.

The setup in question has two tables with different default routes.
When ospfd comes up, the box loses connectivity to the outside world
almost immediately.  After a few minutes, it comes back for maybe 10-30
seconds.  I suspect that ospf is getting very confused because of the
routes, killing its network by accident, and then the routes are
expiring.  The box in question is a remote machine that's difficult to
get physical access too, so I can't be 100% sure about what's happening
during the down time.

I'm working on how I can handle the routing without multiple tables, but
in the meantime, if anyone known more about how they interact, I too
would appreciate some pointers.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.