List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 467] Using (under Linux) different route tables
From:       Roberto Suarez Soto <robe () alfa21 ! com>
Date:       2003-09-24 14:51:26

	I'm running Quagga (cvs, 30th June) in a Linux box with a 2.4.19
kernel, Debian "sid". I stumbled on a little "feature" of
Zebra-pj/Quagga today: I had inserted a few static routes with distance
150 that replicated the ones acquired through OSPF, just in case that
these weren't present.  This allows us to have a "backup" route in case
that OSPF doesn't find a better one.

	The problem arises when this route is already present in another
routing table different from "main". Then, Quagga assumes that it
mustn't insert its own route, because there is already one present for
that network in the kernel table. But the route is effectively not
present in the "main" table, and so it doesn't work for almost
everything.

	My question is: would it be possible to tell Quagga not to
"monitor" other routing tables different from "main"?

	Thanks in advance.

--
Roberto Suarez Soto					Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe@alfa21.com				     http://www.alfa21.com