List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 452] Question with ospfd
From:       Richard Kojedzinszky <krichy () tvnetwork ! hu>
Date:       2003-09-23 13:22:19

Hi There,

I have a problem with ospfd, and would like to get some advice.

When I start the ospfd process On an advertising router (lets say A), it
starts advertising its static and connected routes. And watching this on
antoher router (say B):

trockij# show ip ospf database external 80.95.80.224

       OSPF Router with ID (80.95.64.10)

                AS External Link States

  LS age: 8
  LS Type: AS-external-LSA
  Link State ID: 80.95.80.224 (External Network Number)
  Advertising Router: 80.95.86.14
  LS Seq Number: 80000001
  Checksum: 0x0ace
  Length: 36
  Network Mask: /28
        Metric Type: 2 (Larger than any link state path)
        TOS: 0
        Metric: 20
        Forward Address: 0.0.0.0
        External Route Tag: 0

Everything looks ok, but after it:
trockij# show ip ospf database external 80.95.80.224

       OSPF Router with ID (80.95.64.10)

                AS External Link States

  LS age: 3600
  LS Type: AS-external-LSA
  Link State ID: 80.95.80.224 (External Network Number)
  Advertising Router: 80.95.86.14
  LS Seq Number: 80000097
  Checksum: 0x0d2d
  Length: 36
  Network Mask: /29
        Metric Type: 2 (Larger than any link state path)
        TOS: 0
        Metric: 20
        Forward Address: 0.0.0.0
        External Route Tag: 0

As you see, the ls Age went to 3600, and after a few seconds it gets
deleted from the routing table, and thus loosing this entry. But other
routes originated by the A router remain unchanged, they dont ever get
lost.

I use zebra-0.92a (on router B), and zebra 0.93b (on router A) together.
There are about 500 routes in the whole network.

Could someone give me some advice? What did I wrong, or is it a known
problem, or maybe just some timer-tuning needed?

Thanks: Richard Kojedzinszky