List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 10993] Neighbour Costs
From:       Phil Daws <uxbod () splatnix ! net>
Date:       2014-01-17 17:26:19

Greetings!

we are evaluating Quagga in a bonded network environment, with dual gateways, and \
OSPF and hitting upon a problem.  We would like all traffic ideally to flow through a \
particular upstream gateway, host dependant, and thought by using costs on the \
gateway it would work.  It seems that when Quagga calculates the route it does not \
take into effect the local neighbours eg. the gateways and so only uses the hops past \
that point. Does the latest release of Quagga support something like neighbor \
192.168.50.1 cost 500 so that it would set the route to a preferred gateway ?

Thank you and a very Happy New Year.

Phil