List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 10472] Re: BGP patch
From:       "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense () csclub ! uwaterloo ! ca>
Date:       2013-04-23 15:21:44

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 09:46:54AM -0400, boris yakubov wrote:
> On 23/04/13 08:08 AM, David Lamparter wrote:
> >P.S.:  please note that Quagga is GPL code, and as such when you sell
> >devices to your customers containing modified versions of Quagga, you
> >are required to make your changes available.  (In particular your VRF
> >support.)
> Unfortunately, this is not up to me to decide. We have our
> management to make this decision.

They are available.  Very few customers have ever asked, but a few have,
and they get every bit of open source code we use (whether required or
not by the license) and all patches and even the build scripts.  It's what
I would want as a customer.

The VRF work is based on existing git trees out there.  Hopefully some
day it will be good enough and clean enough to merge into the main quagga.
I would love to not have to keep maintaining these patches on top of
the main quagga code.

--
Len Sorensen