List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 8671] Re: How to access the Loc-RIB from my C
From:       "Rick Taylor" <Rick.Taylor () cassidian ! com>
Date:       2011-04-07 8:49:40

Hi All,

I am currently examining how best to dynamically update ospf6d link
costs from another daemon and was about to post a question until I saw
this posting:

...Snip...

> > From the architecture of quagga it is apparant that, the VTY (e.g.
telnet) is a separate
> > process from zebra.  Can I mimic the action of the VTY in my C
program and coomunicate with
> > Zebra?
> >
> > Does anyone have any sample C code that communicates with Zebra? If u
have, please share it.

> You can always vty like program based on vty source.

Is connecting to the vty and 'poking' commands via zebra the recommended
way to interface with quagga daemons, even from C?

I was planning on asking about putting in a unix domain socket into
ospf6d so I could post cost changes, but that felt like a cheap hack.

Sorry for the rambling post, my question to the Q gurus is: What is the
recommended way for external daemons to send commands to a quagga
daemon?

Many thanks

Rick Taylor

The information contained within this e-mail and any files attached to this e-mail is \
private and in addition may include commercially sensitive information. The contents \
of this e-mail are for the intended recipient only and therefore if you wish to \
disclose the information contained within this e-mail or attached files, please \
contact the sender prior to any such disclosure.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution is
prohibited. Please also contact the sender and inform them of the error and delete \
the e-mail, including any attached files from your system.

Cassidian Limited, Registered Office : Quadrant House, Celtic Springs, Coedkernew, \
Newport, NP10 8FZ Company No: 04191036 http://www.cassidian.com