List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 8008] Re: rib and vrf roadmap?
From:       Balaji G <balajig81 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-24 13:10:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Paul

>I think we first need to cleanup the RIB, to make it maintainable. To that
end, it'd be good if people working on the RIB chose to >base it on existing
cleanup branches, such as the above. Then perhaps they could help with
proving the cleanup was good. But I >can't force that.

We now have separate RIBs per Sub address family so which means our V4
Unicast and V4 Multicast and so on stores only specific routes. For the VR
from the BGP and RIB perspective we need to create that many RIBs based on
the VR-ID as its going to be unique but i believe more than the control
plane, we would need the kernel to support it, i would be really interested
to test out if there are some patches that you know in the kernel
unofficially as part of some git repo so that i could change stuff in the
control plane code for the BGP,RIB and give it a shot

Thanks,
Cheers,
  - Balaji