List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 5531] Re: Bug tracking system for Quagga
From:       Jo Rhett <jrhett () netconsonance ! com>
Date:       2008-06-30 22:30:09

I have no opinions on which one to use, but I thought I'd mention that

1. I'm a SQL/Perl expert familiar with bugzilla's db schema
2. I'm doing a very similar upgrade in our shop soon

I might be able to do the work for you to retain the data unless
there's some special issues you haven't described yet.

On Jun 30, 2008, at 11:45 AM, Paul Jakma wrote:
> For various reasons, it's unlikely we're going to be able to
> maintain continuity of data with our bugzilla system. (It needs to
> be upgraded but, unless there's a Bugzilla/SQL/Perl expert willing
> to donate probably several days of time, we're not going to be able
> to move all the data from the current hacked-for-PostgreSQL bugzilla
> to a supported Bugzilla version).
>
> So, as we're going to lose continuity anyway, we should consider
> carefully what bug tracking system to upgrade to.
>
> - Bugzilla?
>
>  Pro: Everyone uses bugzilla
>  Pro: We might be able to get /some/ of the bug data across,
>       maybe...
>  Con: It's big and ugly
>
> - Trac?
>
>  Pro: Integrated SCM and ticket system
>  Con: Integrated SCM and ticket system
>  Con: Developed for SVN, thus restricting SCM choice.
>       (plugins available for other SCMs, e.g. git and mercurial -
>        but not integrated to trac proper, afaict)
>
> - Mantis?
>
>  Pro: Looks nice
>  Con: Is it used much?
>
> What other systems are out there?
>
> The major criteria are:
>
> - easy to install
> - maintainable, particularly with regard to ease of upgrades.
> - preferably reasonably widely used..
>
> regards
> --
> Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
> Fortune:
> A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way
> that you
> actually look forward to the trip.
> 		-- Caskie Stinnett, "Out of the Red"

Jo Rhett