List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 5294] Guagga Interfaces List issue
From:       "=?GB2312?B?SGFpIFdhbmcgKM30uqMp?=" <pppoe.pppoa () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-02 13:01:25

Hello,

     I am running quagga ospfd (Quagga 0.99.8) into some troubles, I
looked into zebra and ospfd daemon, I found the following issues,
please let me know if it is the known issues.

    My scenario is shown as follows:

    Quagga OSPD is running on a Server, where only one NIC eth0 is
OSPF enabled, other 100 interfaces are passive distributing their
routes through Eth0, Guagga is working fine for the routing, but we
discovered the following issues

    Say 100 interfaces eth1-100 is up and down (note that 'down' means
removal from the Server), then other eth101-200 up, I ran 'show ip
route', routes look fine, but when I ran 'show interfaces' in Zebra
and Ospfd, I still see the interfaces eth1-100, even though these
interfaces are marked as down, I believe these interfaces (eth1-100)
are supposed to be removed from interfaces LIST since they are down,
right?

Any explanation is appreciated!