List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 5178] Re: can you tell me ,
From:       Paul Jakma <Paul.Jakma () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-01-08 12:46:52

Hi,

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, billy_xu@cn.alphanetworks.com wrote:

> Dear All:

>   can you tell me ,which tool you used to test BGP function?

You need other BGP implementations, supporting everything you wish to
test.

Ingo notes a few possibilities. Quagga (in CVS) now has the ability to
run multiple bgpd processes - see the tools/multiple-bgpd.sh script as
an example of how to quickly setup a 'ring' of BGP sessions, all on the
same machine. OpenBGPd is another mature, free-software BGP
implementation, ported to a few platforms.

There may also be BGP implementations that are geared towards testing,
the ones I know of are proprietary though. Finally, there are
interoperability laboratories who will perform conformance testing, e.g.
the UNH InterOperability-Lab, http://www.iol.unh.edu.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma,
Solaris Networking                       Sun Microsystems, Scotland