List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 4697] Re: Filtering in OSPF
From:       "Ralph B" <ralphb1.quaggadev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-24 11:17:21

On 4/20/07, Ralph B <ralphb1.quaggadev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Help please with the following problem.
>
> X--ospf--Y--rip--A
> |
> ospf

> rip

> A curious network planning decision means that A and B both present a
> route 10.254.254.0/24. These are useful to Z and Y separately but
> should NOT be distributed via X due to the confusion that it would
> cause.
>
> There are other connected routes on Z and Y that SHOULD be distributed
> between them, but the 10.254.254.0/24 should not. How do I achieve
> that?
>
> All my attempts at filtering from RIP and OSPF have so far failed.

OK, I think I have now achieved this using redistribute route-maps -
i.e. from ospfd.conf:

[QUOTE]
router ospf
 network 10.55.0.0/16 area 0.0.0.0
 redistribute connected route-map RIP_INTF
 redistribute rip route-map RIP_INTF
!
ip prefix-list DROPADDR seq 5 deny 10.254.254.0/24
ip prefix-list DROPADDR seq 10 permit any
!
route-map RIP_INTF permit 5
 match ip address prefix-list DROPADDR
[UNQUOTE]