List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 4498] Re: Multipath with OSPF
From:       "Andrew J. Schorr" <aschorr () telemetry-investments ! com>
Date:       2006-11-27 22:27:04

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 04:31:18PM -0200, Adriano Carvalho wrote:
> I saw in the quagga-users list that you have written about secret_interval,
> that itīs the time of a cached route. If this time will decrease to 10 seconds
> (i.e.), or less, may I get any balance ??
> I will make a test, soon.

Decreasing the secret_interval should just cause the cache to be flushed
more frequently.  But the basic Linux ECMP behavior of caching a nexthop
for each flow (with given source and destination IP address) will still
apply between flushes.

Have you examined the output of '/sbin/ip route ls cache'?  Are you sure
this behavior is not sufficient for your needs?

> Thanks again. Good discussion.

You're welcome.

Regards,
Andy