List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 1703] Re: Debian Package (was Re: Re: vtysh	'integrated'
From:       Matt Brown <matt () mattb ! net ! nz>
Date:       2004-10-28 10:07:30

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 09:17 +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:

> Uh, why don't you just take my Debian package if you need a .deb file? :-)
> If you need a backport for Debian 3.0 Woody, I provide them at my
> homepage www.lathspell.de/linux/debian/, too (next update for 0.97.2 in the
> next days).

Say I want to build a .deb of the current CVS, or quagga unstable
snapshot to deploy to my test network. I also do a lot of work with
custom debian packages, and it would be much nicer to have a standard
debian framework to work from included in the quagga distribution..

> As Debian source packages consist of an untouched upstream .tar.gz and a
> .diff I could, of course, send them to Paul, if he likes them. But I just
> never saw a reason to let it be included in the upstream. The diff is also
> always available at http://packages.debian.org/quagga

Paul, will you consider merging this?

Regards

--