List:       qmailadmin
Subject:    Re: [qmailadmin] QmailAdmin with qmail and POSIX users in LDAP?
From:       Tren Blackburn <tren () eotnetworks ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 17:20:32

QMailadmin has a prerequisite of vpopmail.  Vpopmail makes virtual users only.
QMailadmin does not create system users.  It only supports users created via
vpopmail (virtual users)  Read the documentation that comes with both vpopmail
and qmailadmin if you want to know how they work

Tren

Quoting Andrew McCall <it.andrew.mccall@oldham.gov.uk>:

> On Thursday 28 November 2002 6:04 pm, Jérôme MOLLIER-PIERRET
> wrote:
> > You probably missed something, if you need an LDAP
> > implementation try the qmailldap patch (most contribs are
> > mentioned in
> > http://www.qmail.org) ... but you couldn't have qmailadmin
> > working with it (try phpQLAdmin instead ...). You can use
> > vpopmail with qmailadmin, and LDAP but ... only for
> > authentification.
> >
> > Another important point is that Exchange has calendar
> > fonctionnalities ... this could not be implemented in the same
> > way (MAPI + Outlook). If i'm wrong, or if anybody has more
> > information ...
>
> Yes you can do *exactly* that - using the Bynari InsightConnector
> Plug in.
>
> > Please use a engine like "google", spend more time seeking
> > information. Open-source isn't "free consulting"...
>
> Please spend more time reading my question before flaming me.
>
> I wasn't seeking consulting - I was seeking information on how
> exactly QmailAdmin works, i.e. does it create *real* system
> users, which seems to be a requirement due to the shared folders
> and ACL's needed.

> the system manager.

> www.oldham.gov.uk

- Tren Blackburn - Owner                mailto:tren@eotnetworks.com  =
= EOT Networks                           http://www.eotnetworks.com  -
- Phone (403) 818-7658                           Fax (403) 269-2122  =
=             ** Infinite Solutions for a Finite World **            -
DISCLAIMER:  This e-mail message is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s),
please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.