List:       qmailadmin
Subject:    Re: [qmailadmin] no login to qmailadmin
From:       Jesse Guardiani <jesse () wingnet ! net>
Date:       2002-11-22 18:57:37

What does your Apache config file look like?

I can't guarantee that is the problem, but it seems like POST and GET data
aren't even arriving at the CGI. And if they ARE, it's not rejecting
authentications properly. (But I run a MySQL setup, so maybe they work
differently)

Also, check permissions thoroughly. Make sure everything (executables and
domains and users) are owned by your vpopmail user, and that the vpopmail
user's home directory is the /home/vpopmail dir, or where ever you put you
vpopmail installation.

Then check the CGI permissions. Here are mine:

-rwsr-sr-x   1 vpopmail  vchkpw  114168 Nov 21 16:00 qmailadmin*

If that still doesn't work, then I'm stumped. Recompile EVERYTHING from a
CLEAN install AGAIN. If it STILL doesn't work, and nobody else can offer
anything usefull, then you'll have to learn C and read the source. :)

Not an attractive solution, and probably totally unneccessary, but I can only
help so much without a shell account. (And I don't really want shell access
to your system. I've got plenty of my own messes to worry about. :-]  )

Hope you make some progress... Good Luck!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact sales@onerateamerica.com for more info.