List:       qmail-scanner-general
Subject:    Re: [Qmail-scanner-general] Tuning sa-quarantine
From:       Stargazer <stargazer () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-02-06 8:46:17

Jason Haar wrote:
> Stargazer wrote:
>
>> Still struggling.
>> I upgraded qmail-scanner via yum, hence didn't see any docs. Which
>> README.html should I read please?
>>

> Qmail-Scanner has no RPM version - so you must be running some
> third-party version of it. As such, only someone who knows about that
> variant can help.
>
> Hopefully they read this list and will respond to you - otherwise you
> either have to:
>
> a> find out who they are and ask them
> b> remove the RPM and do it from scratch, according to the instructions
> on http://qmail-scanner.sf.net/

Thanks for answering.
Ah! It came with Plesk, its a rented server with everything preinstalled.
This useful?

[root@xxx root]# yum info qmail-scanner
Server: Atomic Rocket Turtle - 2 - Atomic PSA-Compatible RPMS
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Looking in Available Packages:

Looking in Installed Packages:
Name   : qmail-scanner
Arch   : noarch
Version: 2.01
Release: 12.rhfc2.art
Size   : 775.81 kB
Group  : Applications/System
Repo   : Locally Installed
 Qmail-Scanner, (also known as scan4virus) is an addon that enables a
Qmail Email server to scan all gatewayed Email for certain
characteristics (i.e. a content scanner). It is typically used for its
anti-virus protection functions, in which case it is used in
conjunction with commercial virus scanners. but also enables a site
(at a server/site level) to react to Email that contains specific
strings in particular headers, or particular attachment filenames or
types (e.g. *.VBS attachments). It also can be used as an archiving
tool for auditing or backup purposes. Qmail-Scanner is integrated into
the mail server at a lower level than some other Unix-based virus
scanners, resulting in better performance. It is capable of scanning
not only locally sent/received Email, but also Email that crosses the
server in a relay capacity.