List:       qmail-scanner-general
Subject:    Re: [Qmail-scanner-general]sending warnings to fake address
From:       Vicente Aguilar <vjaguilar () renr ! es>
Date:       2004-03-30 7:13:50

Some AV systems append "@mm" to the viruses' names when they have
mailing capabilities, so you can safely add that string to your
silent_viruses in order not to send warnings for all of them.

Some others don't do that but identify all worms with something like
"worm" or "I-Worm" prepending the virus' name. In this case, you can add
"worm" to your silent_viruses array and don't warn about any worm.

It all boils down to what particular AV system are you using.

Regards.

El dom, 28-03-2004 a las 08:44, Ondrej Svoboda - WEBMADE escribió:
> hello,
>
> my server with qmail-scanner is configured to send warning to both
> sender and admin. But when virus fake sender address, and virus is not
> listed in @silent_viruses_array, server send false warnings.
>
> I will ask, if there is some list of viruses, that fake sender
> address, or if @silent_viruses_array could be update automatic.
>

> thank you
>

> -------------------------
> Bc. Ondrej Svoboda
> ondrej.svoboda@webmade.cz
> mobil: +420 608 205 007
> -------------------------
>  WEBMADE, spol. s r.o.
>  http://www.webmade.cz
>  Tel.: +420 386 359 561
>
> PGP Key:
> Key ID: 0x84C30927, Long Key ID: 0xC5A340C284C30927
> Fingerprint: F68D 84CD FCD7 07ED AE39 AAB9 C5A3 40C2 84C3 0927

 Vicente Aguilar <vjaguilar@renr.es>
 Departamento de Sistemas
 Tlf.: 965 98 71 92

 Recursos en la Red, S.L.U.