List:       qmail-scanner-general
Subject:    RE: [Qmail-scanner-general]unzipping and uvscan
From:       john crawford <jmc-qscanner () sociology ! osu ! edu>
Date:       2003-06-26 15:22:38

At 10:01 AM 6/26/2003, Dallas L. Engelken wrote:
> [...]

Thank you for pointing this out.

>note: when you turn off unzip and redundant_scanning in q-s, you will
>not be able to use the perlscan features, but if you are just going for
>anti-virus and/or spam, you dont need it.

Well, I think the perlscan features work at the outer level (if my
test was correct). If a file is encoded but not internal
to a zip file, the Disallowed attachment types
are caught when $redundant_scanning and $force_unzip are false.
This is, in fact, the behavior one could desire. If you want to permit
disallowed types only in archive/zip files, this is the way to go.

John