List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: Some little questions
From:       Claudio Jeker <jeker () n-r-g ! com>
Date:       1999-09-08 10:30:10

At 8:22 Uhr +0200 8.9.1999, Sven Veckes wrote:
>Hi,
>how does 'q-ldap' handle this (is it possible)?
>
>	info@domainA.com -> UID=userA
>	info@domainB.com -> UID=userB

this is very simple:
dn: the dn of the entry
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: qmailUser
mail: info@domainA.com
mailMessageStore: /home/userA/maildir/
uid: userA

and
dn: the dn of the other entry
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: qmailUser
mail: info@domainB.com
mailMessageStore: /home/userB/maildir/
uid: userB

voila, done. Instead of the mail field you can also use the mailalternate
field.
The nice thing is that the mailaddress the userid and the ldap dn are
independent.

>What does 'mailhost' in the LDAP-entry?? Is it  the same for each
>'virtual domain'? or has it to be the same like the domainname from the
>email-address ?

The mailhost field is for the clustering support of qmail-ldap. It
specifies which server is responsible for the specified account.
Till now no cluster support is included but I have some stuff already
written (now I have to finish it and test it)

later,
Claudio