List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: Anyone running qmail+openldap+openbsd.
From:       Claudio Jeker <jeker () n-r-g ! com>
Date:       2012-08-09 21:39:31

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 04:19:19PM -0300, Friedrich Locke wrote:
> Abhas and Claudio,
>
> i have tried openbsd 4.9 with openldap and bdb and the memory used by
> slapd increased up to the limits of the system. Is there a buggy in
> openldap or qmail  or it it in bdb ?

I think it is a mix of bdb and OpenLDAP. It feels like like crazy caching
gone wrong and default settings made for huge systems no one has.

> Abhas, if you come to a solution in this regards, let me know.
> Claudio, how did you solve it ?

I always used LDBM backend on OpenLDAP since in our setup we do very
little writes to the DB and LDBM was always fast enough for the read
perfomance we needed. But as I said I did not test other backends in a
long long time (I know that bdb needs some button pushing which I never
did). Should start to look into this slowly since LDBM is dead and
unmaintained and it feels bad to run old unmaintained OpenLDAP versions.

--
:wq Claudio