List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: tcpserver, AUTHREQUIRED and regular expressions
From:       Aiko Barz <aiko () deepco ! de>
Date:       2008-11-29 23:05:29

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:28:14AM +0100, Alain Wolf wrote:
> On 24.11.2008 14:24, Aiko Barz wrote:
> > does anybody know if there is a patch that allows regular expressions
> > within the tcpserver configuration?
> >
> > It would be nice to write it like this:
> > ~\.adsl\.:allow,AUTHREQUIRED="",SMTPAUTH="TLSREQUIRED", ...
> > ~\.dhcp\.:allow,AUTHREQUIRED="",SMTPAUTH="TLSREQUIRED", ...
> > (I know, it is dangerous. Those lines are just examples to get the idea.)

I looked at the code and I think, that cannot work this way imho...

> Not the answer you were looking for, but this solves yours and a lot of
> other problems ...
>
> Best practice today is to provide a submission server on port 587 for
> authenticated users.
> http://www.maawg.org/port25
>
> In Qmail-LDAP this is easy to achieve, by just making a copy of your
> service-folder and adjust the port number in the run script.

I thought about it for some time and I follow your advise:

I installed simscan and moved the spamcheck to the front. I also
installed the "spamassassin botnet" plugin. It does exactly what I
originally wanted: Searching for \.adsl\. and so on. I reject spam above
the score 10.0.

I removed the simscan check for all those users, who use the submission
port. So, they can still send mails to each other without getting
blocked while using ADSL...

Thanks,
    Aiko

--