List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    RE: reply timeout and interval for auto reply
From:       "Philipp Kolloczek" <kollo-qmail () muenster ! de>
Date:       2008-10-19 11:17:21

Hello.

> I would like to know if anyone has a patch to store the reply timeout
> for auto reply in ldap
>
> and also the number of mails sent in the specified timeout interval
> default is 1
>
> replytimeout and interval value in ldap

Well, the REPLY_TIMEOUT defines the interval in which a reply mail
is send to a unique sender address again.

If you set REPLY_TIMEOUT to 60 ( seconds ) and xyz@somedomain.tld
sends you more than one message in the period of 60 seconds a reply
to xyz@somedomain.tld is only send for the first mail and again a
mail coming in after 60 seconds.

An interval of 1 would send out a reply at nearly every mail coming
in. From my point of view that is not a good idea.

Default in qmail-ldap afaik is one week ( 604800 seconds ) which fits
well as a vacation reminder along with a replytext which names the
time some again will look into the mail.

But to answer your question about a patch:
You may take a look at
http://marc.info/?l=qmail-ldap&m=122296091013966&w=2

I've posted a patch which includes REPLY_TIMEOUT as mailReplyInterval
into the ldap on 02.10.2008 to this list.

Greets
Phil.