List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: qmail-ldap bug with Redhat like OS
From:       russ <russ () cttechhosting ! net>
Date:       2007-08-18 11:57:31

satish patel wrote:
> I have working with qmail-ldap since 2 year i have install many mail
> servers on qmail-ldap setup and performance wise it is very good and
> best of all mailservers but i have seen one thing i have installed
> qmail-ldap on debian and it is very good perfoemance and no problem
> since 2 year but last 1 year i have install qmail-ldap on redhat (
> RHEL 4.0 ) and i have seen one error
>

>     error *qmail-todo neither* by land *nor* by sea...
>     <http://www.mail-archive.com/qmail-ldap@qmail-ldap.org/msg06211.html>
>
> I have search on google and this is uid gid problem. but after it i
> have installed according uid and gid but even my problem not solve as
> well as i have installed qmail-ldap on CentOS but still same problem
> but this type of problem i have never seen on debian OS
>
> Is there any bug ???
Satish - Did you search the archive? I did and found this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/qmail-ldap@qmail-ldap.org/msg01288.html

"This is the error you get when you inject mails without recipients. e.g

by a badly configured qmail-group."

qmail can't do anything with the message, hence "neither by land nor by sea..."
Its programmer humor. Maybe with the next patch they will put out a smart ass comment
like "what kind of jack ass tries to send an email without a recipient. i'm going back to bed..."

Russ