List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: ldap controls
From:       Turbo Fredriksson <turbo () bayour ! com>
Date:       2004-09-22 8:44:32

    Karolis> hi, I downloaded qmail-ldap-control patch today, and I
    Karolis> can not get it working. Aparently the problem is that
    Karolis> qmail does not use the right controlDN when searching for
    Karolis> control entries in LDAP directory.

    Karolis> qmail tries to connect like this: conn=56 op=0 BIND dn=""
    Karolis> method=128 (from ldap log)

    Karolis> I have the following files in /var/qmail/control
    Karolis> ldapcontroldn ldapserver me Their contents are as
    Karolis> follows:

Don't forget 'ldaplogin' and 'ldappassword'! The 'ldaplogin' DN must
have read access to ALL attributes in the

        cn=s009.creativelink.net,ou=control,ou=mail,o=CreativeLink

    Karolis> conn=56 fd=14 ACCEPT from IP=127.0.0.1:34437
    Karolis> (IP=0.0.0.0:389) conn=56 op=0 BIND dn="" method=128
    Karolis> conn=56 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text= conn=56 op=1 SRCH
    Karolis> base="" scope=2

You're binding as anonymous (no ldaplogin/ldappassword). and

    Karolis> filter="(|(?=undefined)(mailAlternateAddress=user@s009.creativelink.net))"
    Karolis> filter="(|(?=undefined)(mailAlternateAddress=catchall@s009.creativelink.net))"

Here's another strange thing! QmailLDAP/Controls don't seem to be
correctly compiled! Have a look at 'qmail-ldap.h'. Make sure that
the define LDAP_MAIL is correct. I don't know where 'undefined'
comes from though. Might be because you don't have any login...
--
Ft. Bragg Albanian Ortega Clinton iodine KGB terrorist Iran president
fissionable Soviet FSF Semtex Nazi Waco, Texas