List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: Dash extenstion + RCPTCHECK?
From:       Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-qmailldap () ladro ! com>
Date:       2004-09-17 15:37:50

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:59:10PM -0700, Entelin wrote:

> man... I had this whole email all made with my whole qmail config in it
> almost when I finally got some results. Here is what I am seeing.
>
> As I said before I am using virtual users, none have qmailUID/GID
> attributes all share the same one. If I give the user a real uid/gid
> reset the mailstore privs and remove the address out of
> mailAlternateAddress it works and delivers to the correct address.

That's how I (and probably most everyone else) has qmail-ldap setup.

> if mailAlternateAddress is set it will deliver to the regular .qmail
> file and not .qmail-whatever
>
> so then I tried RCPTCHECK and like I imagined, it does not work with
> this configuration since the address is not in ldap.

Try doing a
  qmail-ldaplookup -m username-whatever@domain.tld
and see if that comes back with anything.

> So I then tried to fool it by giving it a qmailUID/GID of the same id as
> in my controls, however this resulted in the same behavior it bounced
> the message with Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1).

I'm really confused here.  How about setting your ldap server to debug
mode and print out the query and the response?  Or use ethereal and
sniff the wire for the query and see if that looks okay.

> So the question becomes then, is there a way to use .qmail- files
> without having to give them real gid's uid's, and is there indeed a way
> to make RCPTCHECK work with extended address's and catchalls.

Works fine for me.  I have a -catchall for myself and I've also placed
some -extensions I used to old mailing lists to which I just receive
spam in an account that's been disabled so they are immediately bounced
back.

Chris