List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: group aliases
From:       Fabio Gomes <flgomes () fazenda ! sp ! gov ! br>
Date:       2003-04-29 19:36:39

David Hajek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have ldap directory with lot of users and groups. I'm about to use
> qmail-ldap to take advantage of this
> ldap directory. I get it working with users, so qmail lookups user in
> ldap and decided where to route/store
> his email. Now I'm investigating how to get it work with groups, since
> we have defined many groups and
> these users are members of several groups.
>
> eg:
> dn: CN=Group1,CN=Users,DC=in,DC=company,DC=com
> member: CN=User1,CN=Users,DC=in,DC=company,DC=com
> member: CN=User2,CN=Users,DC=in,DC=company,DC=com
> cn: Group1
> mail: Group1@company.com
> ……
>

> Can I use group1@company.com address and let qmail distribute this email
> to both User1 and User2?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Hi. Im usign ezmlm-idx with catchall 'option' enabled in qmail-ldap
Makefile.
See http://www.lifewithqmail/ldap

To sync the member attribute with the ezmlm subscribers i've write a
cgi-perlscript that creates the ldap group and them subscribe the
members in the ezmlm lists.

To handle ezmlm lists using perl Im using Mail::Ezmlm module
<http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~guy/ezmlm/>

A sample of a group ldap entry follows:

dn: cn=samplegroup,ou=groups,o=fazenda,o=sp.gov,c=br
uniqueMember: uid=user1,ou=person,o=fazenda,o=sp.gov,c=br
uniqueMember: uid=user2,ou=person,o=fazenda,o=sp.gov,c=BR
uniqueMember: uid=user3,ou=person,o=fazenda,o=sp.gov,c=br
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: qmailUser
cn: samplegroup
uid: samplegroup
mail: samplegroup@fazenda.sp.gov.br
mailAlternateAddress: samplegroup-catchall@fazenda.sp.gov.br
homeDirectory: /home/lists/samplegroup
accountStatus: nopop
qmailDotMode: dotonly

Start searching for this information. Ask me if you need more.

Regards,
Fabio Gomes

--
@_{2**2..6*6}=split//,"aiGsDDbooe  eoin m-IsvveoF Tenlmt";print