List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: Entire virtual domain forwarding to one single user/address
From:       Ricardo Cerqueira <ricardo () cerqueira ! org>
Date:       2002-09-28 4:38:41

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 17:52, Marc wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>

> That means all e-mails sent to domain1 and domain2 (whatever@domain1.com
> or whatever@domain2.com) were directed to the local account "marc", and
> all e-mails sent to domain3.com were directed to a remote address
> "marc@in.otherdomain.inother.server.com".
>
> Is it possible to do that in qmail-ldap ?
>
> The only thihg I found that may help is Dash trick ... but this is not
> what I want since the e-mail addresses could be such different things like
> that : support@domain1.com customers@domain1.com john@domain1.com
> brenda@domain1.com and so on ...
>
> Or maybe fastwordard, but it only works for stand alone qmail (not with
> ldap) :-(

Both stock qmail and qmail-ldap allow this out-of-the-box, albeit in
different ways.

With stock qmail, the best approach would be to set it up as a
virtualdomain, like

---
domain3.com:domain3
---

and then set up a ~alias/.qmail-domain3-default containing

---
marc@in.otherdomain.inother.server.com
---

With LDAP, configure it as a local domain an create an entry like:

---
uid: domain3-all
mail: catchall@domain3.com
deliveryMode: forwardonly
mailForwardingAddress: marc@in.otherdomain.inother.server.com
[all the remaining mandatory attributes]
---

and it's done.

--
Ricardo Cerqueira
"ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"