List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    Re: QmailQUEUE patch to use it with Qmail-scanner /// TLS configuration
From:       Oscar Bonilla <obonilla () galileo ! edu>
Date:       2002-09-26 23:25:12

On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 04:58  AM, Marc wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Hope somebody can give me a hint.
>
> I have two problems and hence two questions :
>
> First,
>
> I want to use Qmail-scanner (http://qmail-scanner.sourceforge.net/)
> with
> my Qmail-LDAP installation. But it seems that this proggie needs a
> qmail
> patched with the "QMAILQUEUE" patch
> (http://www.qmail.org/qmailqueue-patch).
>
> Are qmail-ldap and qmailqueue patches compatible ? if so, in which
> order
> should I patch the fresh qmail sources to get it work ? Has someone
> tried
> it ?

Yes, they are compatible. Patch with qmail-ldap first and then with
qmailqueue

> Second,
>
> I have my OpenLDAP server configured and tested to use TLS. But I'm not
> beign able to have qmail-ldap make the queries to the OpenLDAP server
> with
> TLS. Is there any way to do it by the qmail itself ? Or should I use
> tunneling software like stunnel ?

I don't think qmail supports TLS (for LDAP) at this time. I believe
the relevant stuff is in the qmail-ldap-control patches so you could
try that.

regards,

-Oscar

--
pgp fingerprint: BC64 2E7A CAEF 39E1 9544  80CA F7D5 784D FB46 16C1