List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    RE: Stupid Question
From:       "Gene Parks" <Gene.Parks () vipdirect ! net>
Date:       2002-07-29 17:46:52

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Claudio Jeker [mailto:cjeker@diehard.n-r-g.com]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 7:51 AM
To: qmail-ldap@argus.pipeline.ch

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 07:28:25PM -0400, Gene Parks wrote:

> I guess I need to clarify.  The old way we called tcpserver which in
> turn gathered all the information and then  called
> /usr/local/bin/pop3-record.  Does pbs that is in the new patch require
> any external program?
>
> I have read the documentation and it seems like it doesn't but I want to
> make sure that I am not missing something.

See the examples in POPBEFORESMTP:

pbsdbd is a standalone server that should run under the qmaild user (or
any other unprivileged).

pop3:
tcpserver 0 110 qmail-popup $HOST auth_pop pbsadd qmail-pop3d ./Maildir/

pbsadd has to be after auth_*.

smtp:
tcpserver 0 25 pbscheck qmail-smtpd

pbscheck has to be befor qmail-smtpd is called.

pbsadd and pbscheck need tcpserver so that $TCPREMOTEIP can be read.
Other external programs are not needed.

--
:wq Claudio