List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Mail-Proxy. Ould have you write the mini-howto?
From:       "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten () rohrbach ! de>
Date:       2001-07-31 0:24:37

Alejandro Fernandez(soporte@linuxya.com)@2001.07.28 21:46:59 +0000:
> I read January thread about Ould wanted to write a mini-howto about how
> to configure qmail to act as a mail-proxy.
>
> Ould, I wonder if you write this howto or anybody did it.

- install qmail
- put system's hostname in 'me'
- put the domains you accept inbound mail for in
  'rcpthosts'/'morercpthosts'
- put local system name in 'smtproutes' without right side:
    my.box.com:
- put the target host ip (speak: exchange server) in 'smtproutes'
  without left side:
    :1.2.3.4
- put the intranet mailserver in smtpd tcpserver control file:
    1.2.3.4:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
- fire up qmail and smtpd

files in '' are in /var/qmail/control

did i miss anything?

/k

--
> UNiX *IS* user friendly. It's just selective about who it's friends are.
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.net/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 BF46