List:       qmail
Subject:    Aliases
From:       Alex Le Fevre <alexlefevre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-12-19 17:52:10

Please pardon what is likely a really dumb
question...I'm a true newbie.

In installing qmail, I'm told to set up
~alias/.postmaster, etc., etc. Only problem is, I
don't quite understand the alias concept as it relates
to mail. I understand the idea of an alias for a
directory name...but mail? Is there some standard
directory I'm pointing to with this alias, or some
other standard concept behind it?

Thanks for any help.

Alex Le Fevre