List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: please test: updated pkgsrc qmail packages
From:       "Amitai Schleier" <schmonz () schmonz ! com>
Date:       2018-12-28 21:03:26

On 18 Dec 2018, at 18:57, Amitai Schleier wrote:

> I've done some testing myself, and can vouch for CentOS 6 and 7,
> Debian 9, Mac OS X 10.14.2, FreeBSD 12, OpenBSD 6.4, Tribblix m20.5,
> and of course my NetBSD 8 mail server where I run these packages in
> production.

When I wrote the above, my packaging could not automatically start qmail
on boot on CentOS 6, pre-systemd Debian, and OpenBSD. It can now.
Current status is here: https://schmonz.com/qmail/pkgsrc-qmail-run/

I'm still quite interested to hear from folks willing to do the
following:

1. Bootstrap pkgsrc-current (https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/bootstrap/ says
how)
2. Try installing mail/qmail-run and pkgtools/rc.d-boot, and reboot
3. Reply off-list with your findings:

- Your OS, version, and architecture?
- Did packaging or installation break anywhere along the way? (Logs
appreciated)
- Did you have to learn anything to get qmail running? (Details
appreciated)
- Does it seem to work?
- Would you maybe actually consider using it? (I'd love to know why or
why not)

Best,

- Amitai