List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Filter Spam on forwarded mail
From:       Charles Cazabon <search-web-for-address () pyropus ! ca>
Date:       2016-04-11 16:08:24

Oliver Welter <mail@oliwel.de> wrote:

> My Problem is that a lot of mass mailings get thru the SA being
> tagged and then forwarded to the final receipient, but blocked by
> their mailserver. Result is a lot of backscatter/undeliverable mail
> (which put me on a blacklist last week).

You should be replacing the envelope-sender address with one under your
control when you forward messages in this fashion, i.e. after the initial
destination (as specified by the MX record for the domain) has accepted the
message.  That means any bounces go to an address you control, eliminating the
backscatter and preventing mail admins around the 'net from being upset with
you.

Charles