List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: qmail in the public domain
From:       Amitai Schlair <schmonz () schmonz ! com>
Date:       2014-04-25 15:44:19

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Jeff Hardy <hardyjm@potsdam.edu> wrote:

> http://www.fritzhardy.com/projects/email

Thanks for the clear writeup! In that spirit, here are a few (shorter)
articles about aspects of my (smaller) installations:

http://www.schmonz.com/2007/01/14/qmail-smtp-auth-ssl-tls-patches
http://www.schmonz.com/2007/01/15/qmail-badrcptto-patches
http://www.schmonz.com/2007/02/07/qmail-netbsd-nightly-maintenance
http://www.schmonz.com/2007/02/28/qmail-imap-before-smtp
http://www.schmonz.com/2007/03/07/qmail-spam-filtering

A decade ago I did a bunch of work on pkgsrc's qmail and qmail-run
packages in order to save my own future time and effort (and who
knows, maybe that of a few others). Thanks to Charles' input, it
appears my packages never caused much support headache here. Whether
that's because they're so great, or because hardly anyone uses them...
in any case, I'm glad to know that I didn't wind up making this list's
life harder in order to make my sysadmin life easier. Being able to
install a nicely configured qmail from pkgsrc on most any Unix system
has done that for me, and continues to.

- Amitai