List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: qmail-smtpd segfault
From:       "Andy Bradford" <amb-sendok-1399514488.pgpfeioddkkhjeeoemoe () bradfords ! org>
Date:       2014-04-08 2:01:28

Thus said Leon F Wiederholt on Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:20:46 -0500:

> The segfaults  are happening less  often now, about  3 in 24  hours. A
> week or  so ago there  would be 8 to  10 occurrences logged.  I cannot
> find that any negative effects from  this other than the logged event,
> but I know it needs to be fixed.

That could be an indication that these were messages queued up on remote
hosts  while your  mail server  was  down. They  started flushing  their
queues once you recovered your mail server, but given that each delivery
attempt they make  crashes, they will eventually time out  of the remote
queue and fail to be delivered (with a potential bounce to the sender).

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 400000005343589b