List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Qmail with popular patch returns error 5.7.1
From:       "Andy Bradford" <amb-sendok-1283729389.iigoidoogbpddcbfaack () bradfords ! org>
Date:       2010-08-06 23:29:48

Thus said guymerritt2@aol.com on Fri, 06 Aug 2010 00:30:51 EDT:

> his supervisory  scripts and I  keep getting a  host of errors  - most
> notably, the  5.7.1 "not in my  list of valid rcpthosts"  error when I
> try to send mail globally (from  a desktop email client - Thunderbird,
> specifically).

This error means  that your email client (and more  specifically, the IP
address which your client uses), is not allowed to relay email to remote
domains through your  SMTP server. Locate your tcprules file  and add an
entry for  your IP  address, or make  sure that  whatever authentication
method you are using for qmail-smtpd is functioning properly and setting
RELAYCLIENT appropriately.

Andy