List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection._(#4.4.1) with
From:       Joel <felixtheratruns () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-04 13:56:15

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Markus Stumpf <lists-qmail@maexotic.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 08:06:47PM -0400, Joel wrote:
--snip telnet output--
> This is the problem with 5 year old information, if people don't
> know what they are doing.
>
> I cannot contact mx4.mail.yahoo.com on the SMTP port either, probably
> due to the fact, that this is no longer listed as a Mail eXchanger
> for yahoo.com.
>
> Valid mail exchangers for yahoo.com are:
> (dnsmx yahoo.com; dig yahoo.com mx; host -tmx yahoo.com)
>
> yahoo.com.      1642    MX      1 g.mx.mail.yahoo.com.
> yahoo.com.      1642    MX      1 h.mx.mail.yahoo.com.
> yahoo.com.      1642    MX      1 a.mx.mail.yahoo.com.
> yahoo.com.      1642    MX      1 b.mx.mail.yahoo.com.
> yahoo.com.      1642    MX      1 c.mx.mail.yahoo.com.
> yahoo.com.      1642    MX      1 d.mx.mail.yahoo.com.
> yahoo.com.      1642    MX      1 e.mx.mail.yahoo.com.
> yahoo.com.      1642    MX      1 f.mx.mail.yahoo.com.
>
> at least for the next 1642 seconds.
> Try one of those.
>
> As you don't tell us who the ISP of the server is, how do you
> expect us to know if your ISP is blocking port 25 outgoing?
> But you can get an easy, fast and probably the most accurate answer
> to this question by asking your ISP.
>
>        \Maex

Apologies, I should have looked up more things about mail exchangers.
But anyways I know what the problem is now. I ssh into this server as
it is at my friend's house. I don't know what his isp is (i should
have been clear about this, as I know most people on here haven't read
my previous posts). The real problem is that his router is not set up
to forward port 25. I'll let you know when that is resolved (as he is
currently away and is not able to remote desktop into his computer for
some reason) Thanks.

-Joel