List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: FYI [daemontools under Upstart] was: qmail-send not staying up
From:       Bob Hutchinson <hutchlists () midwales ! com>
Date:       2010-05-16 12:09:43

On Sunday 16 May 2010, Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is just a FYI.

I recently had to set up a ubuntu 10.4 server (not qmail but with daemontools)
and daemontools-run created the entry under /etc/init but did not start the
svnboot process. This got going after a server reboot with /etc/service in
place. I also installed dbdns (a debian flavoured djbdns) and dnscache-run and
it all 'just works'. It probably is possible to restart the init system
without a full reboot but I was in a hurry at the time and had just put a new
kernel in so a reboot was due anyway.
I normally prefer stock Debian stable for my installs but this was a new Dell
box and getting NIC and RAID drivers going was too precarious for a box that
is now in a remote rack.

In all I'm quite impressed with ubuntu 10.4, a bit too 'bleeding edge' for my
taste but running very well so far (It's a Coldfusion box)

Hope this helps someone.