List:       qmail
Subject:    DomainKeys, DKIM, or both?
From:       Matt Simpson <net-qmlist () jmatt ! net>
Date:       2008-03-23 19:54:47

I've been starting to play with DKIM signing my outgoing mail.  I
have a process that seems to work fairly well, even if it is a little
kludgy.

As part of my testing, I sent a message to a Yahoo account, since
Yahoo does DomainKey checking. (I think they invented it).

As far as I could tell, Yahoo completely ignored the DKIM signature.
When I send a message to Yahoo with a DomainKey signature, a little
message appears that says
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by ...

When I signed the message with DKIM instead of DomainKeys, I saw no
such message.  I displayed the full headers of the message, and
didn't see anything in the headers that looked like a DKIM
verification.

If/when I start signing all my outgoing mail with DKIM, should I also
continue to sign it with DomainKeys?  Or should I just use DKIM and
assume that anybody that really cares about signatures will
eventually start doing DKIM checking?  For the others on this list
who are using DKIM, are you also using DomainKeys?