List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: ZFS
From:       Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche () math ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2008-03-15 9:46:47

+ Jeff <jeff@doeshosting.com>:

> If you are talking about on FreeBSD I would do some testing first to
> make sure it will be stable enough for your production use.

Um yes, good guess. I was planning to use it on my personal office
work station, so I will be the only victim if it crashes. The reason I
was asking about qmail specifically is that it does run qmail just for
me, in order to avoid deliveries over NFS. But I'll play with it on a
laptop first: I have one lying around that I don't use a lot usually.

> http://kerneltrap.org/FreeBSD/ZFS_Stability
> http://marc.info/?l=freebsd-current&m=119970004403608&w=2
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSKnownProblems

Thanks. That's sobering reading. I had thought things had progressed a
bit further than indicated by those references.

- Harald