List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: LOG TIME STAMP
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2007-12-29 15:06:54

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:13:47 +1000 (EST)
Res <res@ausics.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Seth Kurtzberg wrote:
>
> > I don't know what you are doing, but I just checked logs on my postfix server and \
> > on my qmail server and it didn't take even a second longer to check the qmail \
> > logs, let alone two minutes.  If the same information is logged, what difference \
> > does it make whether there is an intermediary process?
> *sigh*
> VLT server eh?  search and match by msgid , oh whats that i hear you cry
> tcpserver doesnt log it :)
> If going to warn or terminate a client i need all facts and proof and
> qmails logging is not up to par with modern day daemons, nothing you
> sprout will convince me otherwise, it just doesnt cut it in an efficient
> time managment environment.

OK, now you are all over the map.  First you claim to be talking about _how_ qmail \
logs, but, in fact, you now seem to be talking about _what_ qmail logs.  The two are \
completely separate issues.

You started with an incorrect _architectural_ complaint about the way logging occurs. \
I responded to that incorrect complaint.  Qmail's use of a logging process has ZERO \
relevence to the question of whether you approve of _what_ qmail logs.

By the way, I had enhanced the logging a bit a while back.  Took me less than an hour \
to add the things you are complaining about.

I'm sure you are correct, though, nothing, including facts, will convince you of \
anything.  :)

Seth

--
Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>