List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Books
From:       ed <ed-qmail () s5h ! net>
Date:       2007-04-30 20:53:16

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:59:00 -0600
Charles Cazabon <qmail@discworld.dyndns.org> wrote:

> ed <ed-qmail@s5h.net> wrote:
> > > No offence but I'm looking for a book, I'll get it on amazon or
> > > some place.  Isn't this considered spamming guys?
> >
> > i would not suggest it's spamming as the books are on topic.
>
> Eh?

hi Charles, i have read many of your excellent posts here, so please
don't get the wrong impression of me, just to try and validate why i
responded to the spam accusation. IMO those books are all sys admin
related, and i can see the need for some of those in most work places
of mixed environments - i am definitely an exchange newb. perhaps he
should not post that here... perhaps those books are ones that the OP
does not want any more and would rather not waste half a rain forest.

> I'm not aware that *any* version of qmail will run on systems those
> books are useful for.
>
> I doubt many of the *BSD, Solaris, HP/UX, etc guys consider the
> Linux-specific books on-topic, either.

yes this is quite a strong point. anyway, i'll not stick up for such
book sales in the future. maybe that sort of thing should be reserved
for the amazon's 'used' section.

--
The T3 to the DNS Server is sending all zeros because of Greedo.
Tech Support is unaware that they lost their last system administrator.