List:       qmail
Subject:    RE: queued email
From:       "Michael Di Martino" <DiMartinoM () telx ! com>
Date:       2007-03-23 19:54:04

Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Michael Di Martino <DiMartinoM@telx.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a new issue I just cannot figure out.
>>
>> I just built a replacement netqmail smtp gateway server.  The gateway
>> receives the mail and then forwards it to the Exchange Server via
>> smtproutes.  However, the forwarded message is never delivered.  The
>> log out shows that it was accepted.
>
> So qmail successfully delivers the message to your Exchange server,
> and the Exchange server fails to deliver it... is that what you're
> saying?
>
>> The replacement server has the same hostname and local domain as the
>> original the logs do not show any errors however will not forward to
>> the exchange server.
>
> Uh, you just said that the message was successfully delivered
> remotely, and the log snippet you included shows exactly that
> happening.
>
> Please clarify.  At this point, it looks like qmail is doing exactly
> what you want, and you have an Exchange problem -- but if that was
> the case, you probably wouldn't be asking a qmail mailing list for
> help...
>
> Charles

Absolutely that is exactly what I thought the problem is with exchange
after all the log file shows the mail as being delivered.

However, if I put the old store and forward server up not only is the
mail delivered it actualy reaches the mailbox. So with that info
I figured the issue must be w/ my new smtp gateway. This new netqmail
box is the only thing that has changed in the entire setup.
I even keep the same IP addresses.

Regards,