List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: [djb@koobera.math.uic.edu: qmail 1.00 available]
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2007-02-23 17:54:41

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:26:43 -0600
Charles Cazabon <qmail@discworld.dyndns.org> wrote:

The main objection here seems to be that it is necessary to apply patches to get \
certain features.

To me, it's preferable to have a small set of core functionality to add additional \
features I need using patches, for a number of reasons.  I like to know what optional \
features are in use.  I can apply a patch to test a feature, and if I find that I \
don't like the results, I can easily remove it.  If a better way of handling a \
feature becomes available, I know what needs to be changed to use it.

I'm at a loss as to why the application of a patch is considered to be onerous.