List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Qmail Problems with large amounts of TO, CC or BCC recipients receiving 20 times the emails
From:       John Simpson <jms1 () jms1 ! net>
Date:       2007-01-26 17:31:04

make that http://qmail.jms1.net/

> If a user sends an email to several recipients, often times, all
> users of the list will receive several copies (10 times or more) of
> the email.
>
> So far I think the situation is that a user sends a weekly update
> (sort of mini mailing list to 20 users or so) by just adding them
> as To, CC or BCC in their outlook.
> Then I think one of the 20 emails bounces or throws back a
> deferral, and then qmail resends the email many many more times not
> only to the bounced recipient (but also to the entire list of
> recipients in the TO, CC and BCC)
>
> Have you guys ever experienced this?

no... obviously i'm using the same patches you are, and most of my
clients are as well, and the only times i've ever seen qmail re-
deliver a message like this have been caused by the filesystem
containing the queue becoming full or developing hardware issues, or
a poorly written delivery script called from one of the
recipients' .qmail files.

| John M. Simpson    ---   KG4ZOW   ---    Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/                         <jms1@jms1.net> |
| http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198 |